IBBC Women’s Group primarily wants to encourage and reinforce the role of women’s socio-economic development in the Middle East Region.
We will work with our members to share knowledge and best practice, via networking opportunities, online platforms and events to ensure that standards are raised to benefit women in the ME. We want to encourage men and women to speak up and share the best practise and showcase greater awareness of women’s prospects globally.
IBBC Women’s Group is a part of Iraq Britain Business Council (IBBC), which facilitates business, trade and investment, for the benefit of the Republic of Iraq and its members, seeking to bring together Iraqi, British and international companies and public sector bodies through a joint platform identifying mutual interests and common goals. It is a powerful network of some of the most important global corporations as well as key Iraqi and British companies and enjoys the highest-level of support from governments and Global Organisations.
- Promoting business development exchanges and business opportunities between women.
- Evolving women’s training and development
- Promoting social interaction among women in IBBC’s business community.
- Reinforce measures to promote women in corporate leadership through the IBBC
- Increase women’s access to mentorship and training opportunities that could led by the companies and academic institutions that are linked with IBBC.
- Support social awareness and promote gender equality at work and communities.
- Create networking, business and mentoring events on and off line.
- Influence the Iraqi government where possible to drive progress towards women’s empowerment.
The women’s group also has an active Linkedin & Facebook pages which you can join and keep up to date with upcoming events and news.