Find an Event
April 14th 2023 -
April 15th 2023
The International Franchise Show
Where: ExCel London
May 14th 2023 -
May 15th 2023
The UK Iraq Trade Fair
Where: Al Burhan Group Conference centre, Baghdad International Airport
May 21st 2023
Where: Kuwait City
May 22nd 2023
Basrah Day in Kuwait
Where: Kuwait City
June 15th 2023
IBBC Pre-Conference Reception
June 16th 2023
IBBC Spring Conference 2023
July 6th 2023
Where: Westminster Central Hall, London
September 25th 2023 -
September 27th 2023
Cumberland Lodge Retreat
Where: The Great Windsor Park, UK
December 7th 2023
Pre-Conference Reception, Dubai
IBBC organises an average of 3 events a month which are mostly for Members only. One event every six weeks is held in Iraq:
- 1 major conference in London typically held at The Mansion House.
- 1 major conference in Dubai typically held at the Adress Hotel Dubai Marina.
- An annual retreat is held at Cumberland Lodge, The Great Park, Windsor. Expert speakers from Governments, international Institutions, academia, think tanks and major news outlets join members to discuss the present situation Iraq and the countries future prospect. A separate discussion on higher education in Iraq concludes the seminar.
- Networking dinners and receptions are held every month in the UK and Iraq. Past venues included the British Parliament, Reform Club, Cavalry and Guards Club, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Babylon Hotel, the Alwiya Club, the Hunting Club, the British Embassy in Baghdad, the Al Burhan Centre, the Rotana Hotel in Erbil, Erbil Chamber of Commerce, and the Al Majal Business Centre in Basrah.
- Occasional seminars and study groups on subjects of high value – such as the fight against corruption and the impact of the Bribery Act.
- Regular IBBC visits are arranged, varying in location between Baghdad, Basrah and Erbil, but also Najaf, Karbala, Ramadi, Babil Sulemania and Dohuk.
- The IBBC attends and supports events organised by member companies including conferences.
- The IBBC also frequently receives and hosts high level Iraqi delegations in London including senior ministers and officials.
- In addition the IBBC regularly meets and is involved in round table discussions with UK Government ministries and bodies including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, DIT, UK Border Agency and Export Credit Finance.
- We regular partner on events with entities such as Chatham House, RUSI, IISS and the World Bank in Iraq.
- We have a presence at the annual conference of whatever political party is in power in the UK and are part of the Industries Forum and the British Chambers of Commerce network.