IBBC Seeks Events Manager (12- Month maternity cover / Start Date 1st May) for London Head Office
The Iraq Britain Business Council (IBBC) is a membership organisation with more than 60 member companies, which supports companies doing business in Iraq and in the United Kingdom. It organises conferences in the UK, UAE and Iraq, delegations to Iraq and from Iraq to the UK and various meetings throughout the year for the benefit of its members.
IBBC is seeking an Events Manager to join their small team in the organisation’s Westminster office for a 12-month maternity cover contract. The Events Manager will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks and for the coordination administrative tasks of the full lifecycle of IBBC events. The successful candidate is expected to be detail orientated, well organised, entrepreneurial and have to be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the candidate should demonstrate good time management, planning and communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join IBBC team and be part of major events such as IBBC Spring Conference in Mansion House in London, IBBC Members retreat in Cumberland Lodge, Great Windsor Park, IBBC Summer Party at ROSL, IBBC Autumn Conference in Dubai and many other events and meetings.
Purpose of this position:
- We are looking for someone to provide cover for maternity leave for 12-months
- You will be responsible for delivering IBBC’s annual events programme
Duties will include:
- Helping create, set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every event or meeting.
- Being responsible for all IBBC physical, hybrid or online only events and meetings ensuring they are delivered successively.
- Being available for each event in London, Dubai or elsewhere. Travel to Iraq will not be required.
- Instructing, managing, liaising and coordinating with all the suppliers and partners.
- Working and contributing with marketing adviser on marketing deadlines and overall strategy.
- Attending weekly IBBC’s meetings with the team.
- Negotiating contracts with external suppliers to optimise value.
- Drafting official letters to governmental institutions.
- Organising event photography, video, translations, permissions, licenses.
- Exercise analysis to drive improvements.
- To be an ambassador for the company at all times internally and externally.
Essential requirements are:
- Excellent organisational and negotiation skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills at all levels – internally and externally with an excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to be creative with ideas for different events.
- Good eye for detail.
- Creative thinking and the ability to actively promote ideas and initiatives both internally and externally.
- Excellent time-management skills to ensure the efficient running of an event.
- Sales and marketing skills to promote the event.
- Flexible approach to changing deadlines and prioritisation of workload and tasks.
- Ability to adapt flexibly to new priorities and additional tasks.
- The ability to work as part of a team, and on your own initiative, is essential, along with the skills to be flexible, multitask and work to demanding deadlines in a busy working environment.
- Plan and prioritise work to manage conflicting tasks, meet delivery deadlines/ targets, review progress, with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to cope with pressure.
- Positive attitude towards working in a challenging and changing environment.
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal communication).
- Excellent references.
Experience and qualifications:
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience of progressive responsible positions in events management.
- Must have had experience of effectively managing a budget, programme, contractors, suppliers.
- Well versed in social media with strong IT skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, MailChimp, WordPress, Zoom, MS Teams.
- Event Management degree or similar degree in management is desirable.
- Arabic language knowledge is an additional an additional bonus.
Terms and Conditions:
- Hours will be 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday – Friday at London offices with possibility to work few days from home
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus UK bank holidays
- Occasional attendance out of hours at IBBC events
- The salary will be I.R.O £40,000 – £45,000 depending on experience.
- The successful candidate will report to Managing Director.
- Direct support will be available from colleagues Emma Joyce, based in London office and Nabeel Mohsin, based in Baghdad.
- The position will initially be subject to a 2 month trial period.
In the first instance please send a cover letter, the copy of a CV and two references to Agne Abramauskaite at [email protected]. The application deadline is 17 April 2022.